Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello fellow Essex Cloud Dodgers!

Ras Elased

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its quite a good idea i guess blazar, looks good to me :) and i was quite impressed with the ipod holder zak, made me laugh. i need to get myself something sorted out soon as the electrical tape that i used last time to hold my digital camera was quite fiddley. I have been looking into the CCD option and i think i'm swaying towards that. i saw some really impressive shots people have posted using the webcam. Thanks guys :)

my honest advice is, if your going to to be doing DSO work then i would get a t-mount for that 400d, cos a ccd of comparable quality will cost a small fortune. if you want to do a

some planetary work then as Knobby said get a cheap ccd\web came (different from a ccd for dso)

I have a t mount for the 400d btw, I just haven't had enough clear nights to really pratice with it. It's nice to have options and hear other people's ideas and views though :-D these clouds must surely clear soon!!! Been ages since a good clear night! :-(

Try an XBox cam , they're about £20 cheaper than the adaptor you're looking at :D

What even cheaper than your ASDAcam? :grin: though to be fair it does the business....will have to search for some good tutorials on Afocal photography just to see what results you can get with that holder.

I agree that these clouds are a pain, really waned to look at the moon on Monday night, think it was Full....shame.

Fingers crossed for a clear sky later tonight. My phone says it will be clear around 11 :-) anyone else gonna give it ago later? Any suggestions on what I can look at later in the southern sky? I've never seen a galaxy before so that would be cool :-D

Not quite brave enough to post any images on the main forums yet so be gentle on me guys !

Now that I've got an EQ5 Pro, I seem to be slipping into the imaging addiction :grin:

I,ve found a Mac app to allow tethering with my Nikon D300 and Nikkor 100mm 2.8 called Sofortbild http://www.sofortbildapp.com/ (that was an achievement in itself) so while it was clear last night had a go at Orion and Pleiades.

Took about 8 or 9 15 second captures and a few 30 seconds of each , then used Deep sky stacker and a fiddle in photoshop.

post-21341-0-77654700-1362321917_thumb.j

post-21341-0-23594000-1362321943_thumb.j

Then grabbed a few 2 minute avi's of Jupiter with Logitech 4000 and registaxxed it

post-21341-0-95152600-1362322041.jpg

I suspect that the focus was out a bit on these shots ...

none of these are anything to be proud of but I thought I'd show them as it might encourage any other bottles like myself to show the start on their journey towards being an imaging guru :grin:

P.S. ... miss you lot !

Gotta start somewhere... Jupe was about 8.30 ish, the wavelet one looks much better on my Mac for some reason, its as grainy as hell on here.

quite enjoyed sticking the Nikon on the mount, suppose I'll have to learn the mystic art of accurate polar alignment now :D

Well done knobby! Any picture you take is something to be proud about. :-D looking forward to seeing more! Looks like there's gonna be a few clear nights coming up, unfortunately I can't really get out in the week as I have to much to do so limited to weekends :-( thanks for sharing that mac app too!

Yeah, its pretty good... Couldn't set it to bulb though, don't know if it was because the cam battery was at 20% I'll have another try.

Not sure I'd get much more than 30 seconds unguided anyway

Archived