SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Newbie in Notts

Dave 2112

Evening all,

Just saying hello, joined a few weeks ago and been mining the site for info...there it loads and its been very helpful.

Got an Explorer 200p and loved every cold evening there has been a bit of clear sky when I've been able to use it. While learning how it works and where to point it the highlight was finding and seeing the nebula in Orion for the first time. Cloudy nights have been spent taking an xbox cam apart and trying to make it fit on the scope, nearly as much fun as it is frustrating!

Thanks to all the members who have shared their info with us newbies, hope to return the favour in future.

Dave

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to all for the welcome!

i'll look up the East midlands group, and yes a Rush (99% of the population go "who?").

In Cropwell Bishop...famous for cheese and...not much else really.

You are two miles from me. I am in Upper Saxondale and I go running through the Bishop.

Some reasonable dark skies there on the road to Kinoulton and Hickling. I know 'em all....!

Archived