Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More GoTo questions

I have just bought a Celestron C8-SGT XLT yesterday and spent las night setting it all up (all those boxes) and I have a several questions/problems.

firstly I cannot get the hand control to let me change the date it is set for 2012, my question about aligning with Polaris has been answered in another new topic. After trying to get the scope to align itself and I put in manual to look at the moon and Jupiter both stunning the scope is certainly worth the out lay. My las question is when observing I realise the image is reversed but I seem to have the moon horizontal and Jupiter with its moons in a vertical alignment is this right or have I not set the scope up correctly. Help please.

Slightly disappointed at the lack of replies to my questions, if people think they are too stupid to answer rember I know nothing! Please if you have a solution to my questions then please give me your answer. If my topic does not make sense or is not clear in its content then again let me know.

So far I have found this forum excellent. Alan

Slightly disappointed at the lack of replies to my questions, if people think they are too stupid to answer rember I know nothing! Please if you have a solution to my questions then please give me your answer. If my topic does not make sense or is not clear in its content then again let me know.

So far I have found this forum excellent. Alan

I have just bought a Celestron C8-SGT XLT yesterday and spent las night setting it all up (all those boxes) and I have a several questions/problems.

firstly I cannot get the hand control to let me change the date it is set for 2012, my question about aligning with Polaris has been answered in another new topic. After trying to get the scope to align itself and I put in manual to look at the moon and Jupiter both stunning the scope is certainly worth the out lay. My las question is when observing I realise the image is reversed but I seem to have the moon horizontal and Jupiter with its moons in a vertical alignment is this right or have I not set the scope up correctly. Help please.

I'd like to help too but I am pretty new here and I am usually asking questions rather than answering them :(

I do have a scope with the same handset but I have not experienced any issues with the date (apart from forgetting that it likes the US format date, but based on your location, that should not be an issue :D)

I have noticed that during the alignment setup the handset skips the entry of the longitude and latitude and goes straight to the date and time settings and if you ever want to change those settings you need to press the "Back" button at that point and it will allow you to change them. If your handset is skipping the date entry completly it might be worth trying the this.

I'm afraid I can't be more helpful

Shecks

Archived