SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cumbria StarParty 8

Hello All,Nina is pleased to anounce CSP8 to take place over the Spring Bank holiday MAY 24th-Mon 27th MAY 2013.

Format will follow previous CSP`s.

This Starparty will be a Moonwatch event as the full moon falls on Sat 25th,and will give a great opportunity to have a go at imaging the moon in all it`s glory.

As Nina has still not got back on line she has asked me to take bookings on her behalf,she sends her best wishes to everyone and looks forward to another enjoyable event,meeting old and new friends.

Costs are £10p/p to include pitch, per night.

Following our successful format anyone wanting to supply food for our evening get togethers in the barn are more than welcome,just let us know your menu so we have something for all tastes. :tongue:

Our Csp Whiskey afficionados will, i am sure supply many amazing taste surprises ( last year was among the best yet). :Envy:

If anyone wants to bring any gear they have to sell ,we will put together a bring and buy area.

All welcome.

Any queries please contact me ,and i will get back to you asap.

Clear Skies are on order :grin:

Regards

Mike

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Doh, Thanks Adrian ,you`ve won first prize!!!!!!!!!

No excuse i had not even had a drink

Regards

Mike

Thats why I'd said i'd let u know before the end of June :grin: are we still ok for 2 adults & 2 little un's (9 & 10yrs) it'll just be the Saturday night but not overnight.

Steve

Hi Steve,your most welcome,look forward to meeting you all,at least i ordered the clear weather for the right dates!!!!!!

Regards

Mike

Thanks Mike, we look forward to meeting you and going to (for all of us) our first star party!! :grin:

Clear Skies

Steve

Hi Tom,all the usual suspects will be there ,they just have not posted----yet!

Nina still not back online,but was over with the family to see the new obs,and they are all keeping well.

Regards

Miike

Thanks for the update Mike. I am looking forward to CSP 8 and to Galloway. Hope you are well and getting some use from the Obsy.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I have survived the cold, snow and rain at SGL8. We did manage to get some seeing in.

We had viewing sessions on five nights out of seven.

We saw the comet coming out of the crescent moon!

Looking forward to the Cumbria SP in May 2013, I need to do warm weather camping so that the

same weather we had last May would be most welcome!

My dew control strips got fully tested out, some folks were able to scrap the ice off their scopes

for their whiskey.

Cheers

Adrian

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, I've just noticed the dates for this and once again, I'm going to be working nights for the whole weekend. I would really love to come along and experience a star party. I feel like I'm jinxed (either that or you folks have looked at my shift pattern) and will never get to meet you folks and hopefully pinch some of your knowledge. What makes it even more annoying is that my other half is keen on attending a star party (even though she moans when I disappear into the garden at night).

Any how, those who do attend, I hope you all have clear skies and a good time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Only a month or so to the Cumbria star party.

I got a bottle of Highland Park at our local Sainsburys for £25 yesterday, that a saving of £8.

I was just doing what Mike told me, to always find a bargain.

The problem is how do you mature a bottle for a month?

Cheers

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that three weeks today the Cumbria star party will be in full swing.

We have a request in for the same great weather that we had last May.

So, get all your gear together, apart from packing the usual like, whiskey, telescope you may

find a ND or polariser filter very useful in dimming the moon light.

If you want a meal on Friday night, can you let Mick or myself know ASAP.

Keep well, see you there!

Cheers

Adrian

Hi,

I am in the process of planning a mountain walk in the Moffat / Beattock area for either Friday 24th or

Saturday 25th. The walk will be in the range of 7 to 10 miles.

If you are interested can you let me know which day you would prefer.

Remember to pack your boots etc.

I will also be available for a birdwatching trip to Caverlock on the Solway Firth.

Forgot to mention the start time for these events will depend on how late we get to bed from either

stargazing or our whiskey trials!

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Tom,

Looks like the birdwatching will be on Wednesday for early arrivers and Sunday for the rest.

I will plan some trips using my Scottish bird books.

This mallard thing is a steam loco with a world speed record for steam!

Saw one of its mates, the Union of South Africa on the Ribblehead Viaduct in February this year.

Hope the weather improves...

Cheers

Adrian

Archived