Filter question

Kenza

Hi! I've decided to buy the three following filters: Thousand Oaks LP-2 Narrowband, Thousand Oaks LP-3 OIII and the Baader Neodymium Filter. Since I don't have the cash to buy all three which should be my first buy? Also do i need all 3?

I have an APO 120mm and live in an urban area.

The Thousand Oaks LP-2 Narrowband is known by the name of a UHC filter by any other manufacturer, and this being the case this would make your best first purchase as it will help you see more nebulous objects than any other filter. The LP-3 OIII filter could be your next purchase as this will help with extremely feint diffuse nebula. I don't think you need the Baader Neodymium filter if nebulae is your targets, this filter, although good at what it does, performs a completely different visual function ie. it is good for light pollution, moonglow and for teasing out a bit more detail on certain planets such as Jupiter.

Archived