Illuminated reticule eyepiece.

Hello.I have just bought an Orion 10 inch intelliscope.When you use the object locator I understand that you have to be quite accurate in the star alignment.Would an illuminate reticule eyepiece help in this process.Any advice or experiences would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Martin. :cool:

I think they always help with alignment because it's very hard to judge where the centre of the field of view is otherwise. That said, I don't know how accurate you really need to be for the intelliscope.

I use mine (cheapish one from Sky's the Limit) for alignment for planetary imaging. I can't imagine you'd need to be more accurate than that.

James

Thanks for that JamesF.The instructions tell you that for alignment in the two star process you need to be accurate enough to get a figure of 5 or below.I just imagined that an illuminated eyepiece would help in the way that you described.Thanks. :icon_salut:

I imagine the Sky's the Limit one would be fine for that. It's clearly made to a price, but it does the job. When all you need is to get the target between the two sets of tramlines I often don't even bother to get it in focus :)

James

Archived