SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Good librations

Moonshane

Just having a quick daytime peek at luna and it looks as though the libration is such that we are getting a decent view of Mare Marginis and also possibly Mare Smythii http://www.cloudynig.../5/o/all/fpart/

Will be having a look later on when it's dark but I am pretty sure I just observed both. Also managed Armstrong Collins and Aldrin.

A nice daytime Jupiter with two moons.

Using the 6" dob - not up to moving the big dob yet.

Hope it stays clear for everyone!

Well done Shane, truly a case of the early bird catches the worm. :)

I think Collins and Aldrin may be a struggle in my little 4" but I may bust the big one out tomorrow night (with aperture mask of course :wink: ) and have a little explore around just for a change.

Just about to take the dog for a walk and by the time I get back the lunar X should be showing will will be a first for me.

Your milking this Hernia op recovery arent you? :grin:

Really nice views of the Lunar X from London tonight, thanks for the heads up Mike. Was cloudy earlier on but nice and clear now.

Shane, you really do need a nice little apo refractor, so light that even a man in your condition could set it up without problems :-p. I shall be having an op myself in March so the frac will be all I can use for a month or so.

In all seriousness, the little WO66 with Nagler zoom is giving some lovely views. Will pop out for a final look in a minute then pack up, early start tomorrow :-(

Cheers

Stu

Mike...what are you doing man? thats how it starts...don't enter the Dark side :evil4:

Theres no chance of that, I'm quite happy sticking with what I know....or what I dont know! :)

Really nice views of the Lunar X from London tonight, thanks for the heads up Mike. Was cloudy earlier on but nice and clear now.

Yep I was quite chuffed seeing the X for the first time, the seeing got worse as the night went on but a few hours exploring/sketching the moon has recharged my batteries.

Shane, you really do need a nice little apo refractor, so light that even a man in your condition could set it up without problems :-p. I shall be having an op myself in March so the frac will be all I can use for a month or so.

In all seriousness, the little WO66 with Nagler zoom is giving some lovely views. Will pop out for a final look in a minute then pack up, early start tomorrow :-(

Cheers

Stu

how very dare you! I must admit that the 6" f11 was waving about in the breeze a bit last night and I'd have been better with a small frac (or of course a shorter newt - yeah!!).

Archived