Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Steve Ward

Sun In White Light 17-02-2013. 10:00

That's more like it , clear , bright blue sky and better than average seeing . . . :laugh:

Got a little carried away yacking to the neighbours while hitting the shutter key , ended up with 400 frames and then struggled to whittle the pile down to 100.

Amazed at how the three little specks from yesterday have developed overnight . . .

P17-2-13D100-201.png

1000D + ST120 + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + UHC + S/L.

1/1600s @ ISO 100 , 100/400 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp2.8.

Day by day album . . . http://www.astrobin....rs/steveward53/

The extra frames have certainly helped, that is a very good picture with lots of activity coming over soon. Nice to be back in some warm weather and glad you had good seeing. It stayed misty/high cloud all day here, managed my capture this morning when it wasn't too bad.

Robin

This is the type of quality I'd love to be able to get to myself. It really shows how much extra detail can be extracted from the image data by stacking.

The usual top quality effort Steve, well done. Impressive amount of detail in the spots at the limb.

I will look forward to your follow up images as I will be back at work tomorrow and hence will not get another chance to play until the weekend :sad: