Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M76

centroid

M76 in a very moonlit sky.

Despite the sky being 'washed out' by the Moon last night, I 'grabbed' some 'subs' of M76.

Its a bit small in the image as the f/3.3 FR was in-line , because I set out to image M33, but changed my mind. :?

12" LX200R + f/3.3 FR - SXVF-H9C ans 10x300 sec subs.

Dave

post-13389-133877333008_thumb.jpg

A cracker Dave, and not one that gets a lot of attention. [removed word] Herschel called it a double nebula, which led it to have two numbers in the New General Catalogue. It is among the fainter of the Messier list. The central star is Photographic 16.5.

Nice one.

Ron. :smiley:

At this moment Ron, I'm out in the obsy, having another 'crack' at it, but time using the f/6.3 FR instead of the f/3.3, and have up'd the exposure time to 400 secs.

The subs are now showing 3 or 4 central stars, so we'll see how the final result turns out, when I process them tomorrow.

If its any good, I'll 'post' it :smiley:

Dave

Excellent image Dave. You've soon got to grips with that new 12" LX200R - as a matter of interest what did you get the PEC down to on this new scope? I remember you were at about 5 arc seconds with the old 10".

Best regards,

Barry.

Between 8 and 9 arc seconds Barry, from a 50 arc second uncorrected.

Haven't finished with Pempro yet, but as you know, its a time consuming process, and I wanted to get on a play with my new toy :smiley:

I will do some further work on it, as I'd like to see down around the 5 arcs secs, or less.

Dave

Archived