Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Alaness

PHD problem?

It was fairly clear last night so I went out and set up my imaging rig. It was my first time trying to auto guide with PHD and my HEQ5 so I'm probably missing something.

I started up PHD, configured the refresh rate, got the camera focused and selected a guide star - but the PHD target icon was still grayed out, so I couldn't get the software to start guiding. I fallowed the "Important instructions" to the letter but the last step still wasn't possible.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan - It sounds as though whilst your camera was connected, you weren't connected to the mount - Which camera are you using...? (Also, and of absolutely no relevance to this issue, what guidescope are you using?)

After you had achieved focus did you click on STOP before clicking on the PHD icon to start calibrating?

Hi Alan - It sounds as though whilst your camera was connected, you weren't connected to the mount - Which camera are you using...? (Also, and of absolutely no relevance to this issue, what guidescope are you using?)

I'm sure it was connected...Hmmm.

I'm using a Orion star shoot autoguider with a HEQ5 pro. perhaps the ST4 cable is damaged.

Hmmm... I guess it could be the cable or connection, but what's your setting under "mount" - I have mine set to "on camera" (with my Lodestar) for ST4 guiding...