SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Asteroid

m1ck

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clear here in Manchester for once. Eventually found it just before 9pm. Followed it in my 5" dob for around 15 mins then it was becoming too faint under my light-polluted skies. Was moving slowly in the eyepiece but its motion was very noticeable when it was 'close' to a background star. Very chuffed!

Clear here in Manchester for once. Eventually found it just before 9pm. Followed it in my 5" dob for around 15 mins then it was becoming too faint under my light-polluted skies. Was moving slowly in the eyepiece but its motion was very noticeable when it was 'close' to a background star. Very chuffed!

i picked bit of detection not sure if could been comet but i'll say it was ;)

As timing it spot on for around 7:30pm

Passing quickly through Leo entering bowl of U Maj and thats where G-r-a-v-e-s Would pick it up and i have got detection at 7:25pm

i rekon it is :)

539537_10151500952667288_941680281_n.jpg

also got detection at 8:28 little peak showing

65977_10151500952857288_1613207265_n.jpg

and cam wise nothing apart from clouds and few stars showing captured somet moving around 5:30pm still anaylizing that one!

Sorry chaps an chappe's wot the hell goin on the uk . perfect skies but as usuall . can't see a blumming thing . Wits the point. .?..

The point is that rare inky black night with zero turbulence and perfect seeing that makes it all worthwhile. :smiley:

Archived