SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Asteroid

m1ck

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was watching sirius for no reason thats it bright and conditions are not brilliant, when I saw an object travel accroos my EP very fast indeed. Using a 200mm F10 with a 25 mm ep/58 fov it went through it in around a second, Could this have been it?

Baz

Skies clear here middlesbrough got me cams on skies but nothing yet! just had look at moon.

going to look other side now towards where shud see meteor just one them patient things waiting and we end up missing it.

only problem i get viewing towards meteor is damn street light pollution!

so probably wont see it.

have radio meteor detection running for any peaks.

i was watching sirius for no reason thats it bright and conditions are not brilliant, when I saw an object travel accroos my EP very fast indeed. Using a 200mm F10 with a 25 mm ep/58 fov it went through it in around a second, Could this have been it?

Baz

No wont be near sirius. Probably a satalite.

Skies clear here middlesbrough got me cams on skies but nothing yet! just had look at moon.

going to look other side now towards where shud see meteor just one them patient things waiting and we end up missing it.

only problem i get viewing towards meteor is damn street light pollution!

so probably wont see it.

have radio meteor detection running for any peaks.

Glad you got clear skies. Is your RMD home brew? I have been toying with the idea of building one. There is a network you can join that provides free software that collectively triangulates their path, speed and altitude. The same network also detects lightning strikes and other atmospheric phenomena. It's a very interesting field of study :icon_geek:.

Glad you got clear skies. Is your RMD home brew? I have been toying with the idea of building one. There is a network you can join that provides free software that collectively triangulates their path, speed and altitude. The same network also detects lightning strikes and other atmospheric phenomena. It's a very interesting field of study :icon_geek:.

The meteor station i set up myself with help from few radio guys from spam network

got J-pole tuned to 118mhz Omni directional antenna built by SOS Tim well swapped for modding a cam and got Yagi HB9CV 144mhz antenna lot help from radio dude called Martin helped set me ppm off set frequency for G-r-a-v-e-s showed me how to tune to zero beat on me SDR radio used the volmet weather station to get me correct frequency and i build the SDR Sharp software to listen to frequencys tuned to 143.049mhz at moment monitoring on speclab.

using signal booster to get signal even better bit radio modding.

and setting gain get rid of unwanted sproggies.

and i have collorbrated some my detections with the pro dudes and get same meteor peaks ;)

pretty cool how i set it all up myself every meteor station is unique.

and it's well awesome when listen to white noise and all of sudden you get radar echo ping sound and peaks show on speclab detecting stuff :)

here demo link of video showing kind stuff i get on me little station

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151485467137288&set=vb.772147287&type=3&theater

sky is now clouded out

The meteor station i set up myself with help from few radio guys from spam network

got J-pole tuned to 118mhz Omni directional antenna built by SOS Tim well swapped for modding a cam and got Yagi HB9CV 144mhz antenna lot help from radio dude called Martin helped set me ppm off set frequency for G-r-a-v-e-s showed me how to tune to zero beat on me SDR radio used the volmet weather station to get me correct frequency and i build the SDR Sharp software to listen to frequencys tuned to 143.049mhz at moment monitoring on speclab.

using signal booster to get signal even better bit radio modding.

and setting gain get rid of unwanted sproggies.

and i have collorbrated some my detections with the pro dudes and get same meteor peaks ;)

pretty cool how i set it all up myself every meteor station is unique.

Cool.... :Envy:

Archived