Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meet Up

jasonp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi MadgieEm, that scope is too good to let it get rusty! Have a look at the supernova in M82 if you get the chance; that's real popular at the moment. I'm keen to meet up with other folks and talk shop too; though I've been pretty useless at doing it so far......not even been to a star party! Be great to actually meet under some clear skies and see all that equipment being used in action. Just looking at the Herts Astro Group, and their next session is Feb 12 in Welwyn Garden City. They look to have a good presentation that evening (and suspect it's always good, but I've only been once!), and seems a good place to meet up. Fingers crossed for the weather, and I'm sure the guest speaker will have some awesome equipment.

Hi Special K! I know, I got it out in the garden the other night and tried to look at the Orion Nebula(which I have managed to look at before) and I just couldn't get it go focus. Don't know what I was doing wrong but I am very out of practice it would seem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

I won't make it tonight but enjoy the talk. He gave a great talk at astrofest last Saturday. I bought a new scope too so hopefully we'll have clear skies, will try to make the talk in March.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Now that the autumn equinox has arrived it's time to think about stargazing again! A friend and I found a pretty dark site near Ivinghoe Beacon (a few miles from Tring) which is about 20 minutes drive.

If anyone's interested just post here.

Probably easiest to PM people as we tend to decide at short notice based on the likelihood of clear skies.

Thanks,

Thomas

Archived