Narrowband

Meet Up

jasonp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great. I'll look forward to the next one. Have been a bit quiet on the boards as trying to get to grips with everything. This astronomy lark is more confusing than I have it credit for. ;-)

Hi,

I've just found this thread, and I would also like to join you guys for the next observing evening.

I live in West Herts near Hemel Hempstead so Wheathamstead is quite close for me.

Most evenings are fine from 7pm onwards.

Thanks,

Thomas

• 2 months later...

Hi Jason,

I'm up for a meet up if this is open to others. I am based in Meppershall and it's pretty dark out this way although not the darkest this time of year! I normally observe from home as I'm into video astronomy and normally hooked up to the TV. Would be great to observe with other people for a change! I'll also have a look at possible sites and have a few in mind.

Cheers

Karl

I'm still up for an observing night. I'm away from Sunday 14th until the beginning of August with a few days in Herts towards the end of July but I'll keep an eye on the forum in case I can make it. I'm looking forward to dark skies in Exmoor so fingers crossed the good weather continues!

Thomas

• 1 month later...

Hi Thomas,

Just found this thread too and hope to get out walking again soon and also make a few of these meetings soon.

The SWHAS has meetings near hemel on saturdays and skies are quiet dark and has knowledgable people too.

This is my dark sky place but feel a bit exsposed as in middle of no where:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Ivinghoe+Beacon,+Leighton+Buzzard,+Buckinghamshire+LU7,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=51.824877,-0.615782&spn=0.004052,0.009184&sll=53.741446,-1.686054&sspn=0.496255,1.175537&t=h&geocode=FR8LFwMdkrj2_w&hnear=Ivinghoe+Beacon&z=17

• 1 month later...

There was someone on teh Dark site thread who posted up the Henlow Bridge Lakes campsite and the possibility of using this for an observing site.

As i mentioned on the thread there are some public areas just behind there that seemed OK.

Last weekend I was walking back from Arlesey station (opposite the campsite) in a rather drunken state, but I was aware enough to realise how clear the sky was, and that area should actually be a decent place to observe from.

Now the nights are drawing in hopefully we can get a meet sorted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys and girls, as a noob I very keen to meet some of u just to pick your brains, only prob is im doing nights through the week at the mo, but if there is anyone who would like to meet up for a drink and would like to help, that would be gr8.i live in st albans but will drive anywhere for advice, so any weekend after we get xmas out of the way would be fine, thx peeps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived