Thank you

MrImperium

Im new and wanted to say thank you because i read this forum several times when looking into my first scope

and i have to say im hooked now

after looking for a while I picked up what at £35 including p&p i consider a steal, feel free to tell me im wrong

Prinz optics 330

60mm 710mm Refractor

it came with a few eypieces but i have bought an adapter to up-size to 1.25 inch and I am slowly going to build a collection of eyepieces

ive not seen much yet just Jupiter, its moons, 2 of its bands, some star clusters and the moon

The first time i saw Jupiter i was in awe the most amazing thing i have ever seen and with a cheap scope as well i was shocked at the detail

so that's me saying hello im sure i will have many stupid questions over the coming months

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. No such thing as a stupid question, only the one you didn't ask! We're all beginners really as you can't know it all as it is for ever changing, be it through new discoveries or technological advancements - so you're in good company here! There is certainly plenty of experience for you to utilize as and when the need arises so please don't hesitate with those questions.

Clear skis for now and enjoy the forum

James

Hi and welcome to SGL from a fellow newbie. This can be a very rewarding hobby (and expensive!!). The only stupid question is the one you never ask, so don't worry they're all a friendly lot on here. All the best, Bob :laugh:

Hi MrImperium and welcome to SGL, if you are looking for eye pieces, especially with Planetary/Moon or star splitting in mind, you should be able to pick up some s/h Orthoscopics like Circle T which should work very well with you 60mm Prinz, they can even be found in the old size fitting, but remember not to push your mag limit much beyond the 100X mark with any eye piece, as that is about as much as you can expect from our skies in GB except on very rare occasions when the seeing is perfect. A couple of low power Plossls for wide field work should complete your set, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

great to feel welcome

its been a good clear night tonight

so got out for a while

my scope came with:

HM 25mm

H 15mm

HM 6mm

and ive picked up a cheap plossl 20mm and a 2x barlow to use with my 1.25 adapter

Im thinking i will keep adding to my eyepiece set

use this scope for a while and then later in the year invest in a better quality scope when i can justify the cost to myself

nik

Hi and welcome from me too, good to hear your happy with your scope & enjoying the views with it. I'd give your supplied ep's a try on a few objects & see if u get on with them, unfortunatly the H stands for Huygens & they are very basic to say the least but for the price of your scope (bargain btw :grin:)...who cares you can always upgrade, the Skywatcher 25mm ep is a nice one for a very reasonable price (around £15 which is VERY cheap for an ep but i use it in my Skywatcher 130m & 200p & i'm happy with it)

Steve

Archived