Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

5th galloway starcamp

dweebostar

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mike,

Is the advance party arriving Sunday or Monday?

Trust we will stay a week and go home on the following Monday morning.

Saving up for a meal at that pub in Wigton.

Are we going to arrange an evening visit to see Robbie in Dalmellington?

Have a bottle of Jura and a bottle of Ouzo as well ready for the trip.

Cheers

Adrian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately I am unable to attend owing to family illness this coming November.

Mike C has been appraised of the situation.

I hope you all have clear skies.

Hopefully, I will be able to attend the next Galloway star party.

Cheers

Adrian

Sorry to hear that Adrian as I was hoping to meet you.

Fingers crossed all gets better and hopefully the star camp will go as planned and myself and my friend will be back and meet you next year.

Damian

• 2 weeks later...

Well the countdown has started to this great event, busy cleaning optics, filters etc in preparation hopefully clear skies, im bringing down a newbie as well so there will be three of us this time around and  few other malts for company. Well it can rain as much as it wants at the moment as long as its dry at the starcamp.  Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Hi Tom,

Sorry I cannot join you lot this time.

Mike C has the reason.

I agree it was great last year, the Saturday night was one of the best night skies I have seen.

I will miss the whiskey tasting, so in the time honoured tradition can you email my share?

Remember Kenny is very good at pool, so don't play for money.....

Keep us posted on how the party goes.

I trust you will get great clear skies.

Cheers

Adrian

Sorry you wont make it Adrian, but there's always next year. If the meal thing is a goer, Pete, Martyn and myself would probably like to join you again, Pete said he'd do the dishes lmao. Looking forward to seeing all the regulars and meeting some new 'ASTROBUDDIES'. It's November now so Mike should just about have his car packed (how the hell does he get all that stuff in lol) :shocked: . Anyhoo, we'll be down Thursday and hoping for at least one clear night. Martyn is a complete newbie and I know is excited about this, his first star camp, he will love the 'craic' !!

David

I never play pool for Money Adrian.  I know just how bad I am.  I assume Mike has booked the static as usual?

I think Rob is intending to come down for the Fri/Sat nights - at least, that was his intention back in June.

See you all next week.

Tom

Heading down to Drumroamin on Thu for 3 nights.

Anyone organizing a bulk order from the chippy?

Both myself and Kieran will be there for the first time and looking forward to meeting everyone.

If there's a chippy run in the making we'd like to be counted in for that and fingers crossed for clear dark skies

Hi folk,looking forward to gettiing out under Galloway's dark skies again next week!!!

'Yes, i got my dates right this time'

Picked myself up a nice little apo since last year so looking forward to giving it a run out .

Sorry you wont make it Adrian,the guinness bread will be missed.

Ill be hoping to arrive wednesday afternoon,staying till monday.looking forward to meeting some new faces and bashing up some öld ones ön pool table "you know who you are":)

Have a safe journey everyone and see you wednesday!

Kenny.

Hi Folks,

The party has started, Mike arrived this afternoon, the skies over the skies over Dunroamin camp site are brilliant at the moment.

He has his dinner in the cooker and is setting up a camera for tonight.

Reg is leaving at 07:00 am tomorrow morning for the 400 mile trip to join the party.

Trust they have good clear skies.

The rest of you have a safe trip.

Cheers

Adrian

Archived