SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Vesta on vista?

Aenima

Hi there,

Really wanting to set up a vesta webcam on my laptop but as is widely documented the cam is not vista supported, however it is technically possible - can anyone help me find a link to something that may solve the issue?

There was a link where a guy took the relevant driver from XP software and pasted it - this is no longer active and the process is beyond my skill level, but its a step in the right direction..

Anyone able to help?

Many thanks I A.

Regards

Aenima

http://www.ap-i.net/pub/vista-drivers/

Well, here's a link for the drivers. Still slight trouble with sharpcap when trying to alter stuff in video filter settings but it works as a basic capture device.

Got the vesta pro 675k for cheap on ebay, was looking for a replacement in case my spc880nc went balls up - it might be worth a try.

If anyone knows how to make sharpcap compatible . . . ?

Anyways, ...

Aenima

it would awesome if the cam could be flashed or modded.... again not sure how its done, wah...

This is a link to get a Toucam 740K working on Vista http://www.azcendant...UcamInstall.htm , it might work with a Vesta 675K , or it might not.

Hehe, I love those odds!

Thanks Peter, I did find drivers enough to allow capture but it will only let me change brightness etc. not exp - this is pretty minor compared with not being able to use it so im happy (it is only meant as a cheap replacement for my spc880 when it dies), it has what looks like a similar chip and v easy to mod to telescope.

Appreciate the link, thank you.

Regards

Aenima

Archived