Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

kev49

Xbox livecam and W7

Hi, does the Xbox webcam work with Windows 7 64 bit? I brought 2 for less than a tenner but can't seem to get them working even though the dialogue box says it has downloaded the latest drivers and it is ready to use.

Kevin.

What you want to do if windows 7 doesnt work usually it shud auto detect as usb webcam i have only tryed xbox cam with windows xp and you have to use the same usb port for each cam

another alternative is you could get live linux cd and install wxastrocapture deb package and then run from live cd you dont even have to install over windows.

linux ubuntu/ xubunto works better with xbox cam than windows!

Edited by Stargazing_Cliff

Thanks Cliff, I have sorted it out now, think it is a dodgy USB port on my laptop. Tried the others and it works fine, which I should have done in the first place!

Kevin.

It's worth pointing out that the Xbox camera only works with USB 2.0.

In a lot of laptops, not all the ports will be USB 2.0.

I certainly had this problem with my old XP netbook, for a professional computer geek it took me far too long to work out that this was the problem.

oh dear i best check my webcams to see if they will run on this xp pro netbook i have bought specifically for imaging , wont it be funny if they dont run lol..