Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Robstargazer15

how do you report a observation in a log..Correctly?

I thinking i am writing my reports wrong, they are too short and are scattered all over the house. I feel like i am doing something wrong.

I think i need to put them in a binder.

I thinking i am writing my reports wrong, they are too short and are scattered all over the house. I feel like i am doing something wrong. I think i need to put them in a binder.

Go for it and don't forget to include dated/timed sketches :cool:

I know it helps me to use a computer log program... there are many available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I use a hard-cover notebook. I then copy data into a spreadsheet. I also copy the report out on SGL which serves as my back-up log :D

I do exactly the same.

Michael's reports were some of the first I came across on this forum and have influenced how I keep my notes and stats.

Spiral bound notebook. Tried hard bound, but the dew and use don't last. It's lovely to look back through old observations and sketches.

I used to collect loads of tree data, I went to IT and asked for the quickest and most convenient data storage and they pointed to my notebook and said "that's it ".

Nick.

Spiral bound notebook. Tried hard bound, but the dew and use don't last. It's lovely to look back through old observations and sketches.

I used to collect loads of tree data, I went to IT and asked for the quickest and most convenient data storage and they pointed to my notebook and said "that's it ".

Nick.

And real notebooks have zero start-up time, and don't have a battery that dies on you halfway through a session. My hardback notebooks are kept inside, as I observe from the garden and pop in to write my notes.

• Like 3