Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL Downtime - Tonight (10th Feb 2013)

All,

There will be a period of downtime tonight on SGL, around 8pm whilst the site is moved to a new server. This is part of our hosts restructuring as they move their servers to a newer data centre.

Hopefully downtime will be minimal but I will be around to monitor. During the downtime, you will not be able to login/post to the forum.

Kindest Regards,

Grant

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how big are we size wise then grant? that SQL database must be massive for it to take so long

Well, if we said there were 1.8m posts and the average post size was perhaps 256 characters, I reckon that could get you up to around 0.5GB with all the index and other data. Then there are all of the images and I assume there's some separate sort of indexing mechanism for the search which could be pretty big.

James

So, what you're saying is I've got to talk to the wife again on Friday???

Twice in one week? Steady on. That kind of behaviour can get a chap a reputation...

James

Are you two forgetting Valentine's Day? :angel:

Hope everything goes well on Friday :).

Archived