SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Baader genuine orthos at astrofest today

TheMightyKong

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an aside, the light passes three times through the OTA of a SCT, the last pass being through a tight fitting shade tube, this makes for a tough task to present a stable, well defined star image under other than the best seeing conditions. :smiley:

I was tempted to buy one of these 6mm BGOs at Astrofest for £49. There was quite a number still for sale on saturday afternoon. In the end I decided against it mainly because I have a 3-6mm Nagler zoom and I would like to compare them together to see if I would gain anything.

Mark

That would have been a good deal Mark - you could have recouped your whole investment in the BGO without a problem should you need to. Still that's hindsight now !

I may well still have the BGO's and BCO's that FLO have loaned me for review at SGL8 so you would be welcome to try them out there :smiley:

It would be interesting to know whether the Nagler Zoom would show Sirius B in the way that the BGO / BCO's did for me a few nights back. It's been a while since I've owned one of the Zooms so I can't recall exactly how it compared. I believe Shane has both the zoom and BGO's though so he might shed some light on things.

I actually have only the 7mm, 9mm and 12.5mm BGOs as the 6-3mm zoom covers the other bit admirably. I do find that when I go from the 7mm BGO to the zoom, the view is a bit dimmer although from 228x - 267x in the 6" scope and 262x-307x in the big dob, maybe that's just the increase in magnification?

Any idea which dealer was hosing BGO 6mm for £49 ??? Was it a 'show price' only ? I'd buy a pair at that price no worries.

Mel it was the Widescreen Centre hosting the Celestron stand. In fact it was young Mr Hinds who was selling the BGO EPs on behalf of the Widescreen Centre. In hindsight I should have bought some as there was lots on display. Whether you can still buy the EPs for £49 or whether it was a show deal I don't know.

Mark

It would be interesting to know whether the Nagler Zoom would show Sirius B in the way that the BGO / BCO's did for me a few nights back. It's been a while since I've owned one of the Zooms so I can't recall exactly how it compared.

John it would be interesting to compare the BGO/BCOs and the Nagler zoom at SGL8 so we might have a deal. I am sure that FLO will allow you to keep them for this special review!!

Mark

Archived