Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Strange Object on Mars

SteveNickolls

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You see this effect sometimes when looking at certian craters on the moon and depending on the light the crater will all of a sudden invert into a plateau rising up instead of a depression in the surface , its a strange effect but it does happen to me sometimes .

Its the way our eye/brain comprenhend what is really not there .

Brian.

Ah! Of course!

It's perfectly clear now.......that's why I stumble about after closing time........the pavement isn't really going up and down. It's simply a trick of the light........you have put my mind at rest. :grin:

................................. what are the chances off walking through the desert and finding a pull tab from a coke can?

Very good chance.

About thirty years ago I was hiking through the Mojave desert, and found the hub of an old bicycle wheel.

We were miles from the nearest road.

I would be totally astonished if they didn't, I mean that is what they are there for and exactly the type of anomalous feature they should be testing.

Wow, according to AOL tonight NASA will not be further investigating this object, secure in believing it is a piece of harder rock left after the covering rock was eroded away. Missed opportunity.

Cheers,

Steve

Talk about overlooking the patently obvious. In the first photo there's another 'artifact' -at around the 7 O'clock position on the same rock as the first object, maybe just explained away as more eroded rock but the shape looks very manufactured. Wish NASA would analyse these.

Cheers,

Steve

Archived