SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Blues

Supercelts7

Had the curse of the new scope last night.

Spent the afternoon, setting up, collimating and getting used to the controls on my Skymax 127 Supatrak. I even washed the kitchen window, in order to get the clearest possible view, since I don't have a garden and can't travel just now. Everything was set to go and skies were clear.......until dusk and a big bank of cloud blotted out everything to the south, for the best part of the early night. I did get a view of Sirius, around 9pm and the scope certainly has potential. I look forward to getting to darker skies, on a crystal clear night.

Incidently.... is it just me, or is anyone else scared of their scope falling out of a dovetail mount?

I know how you feel. I just recently got my dob, it was the first clear night yesterday since I bought it. Unfortunately I got back late, so Jupiter and Orion were behind/below the garden trees, furthermore I didn't get a chance to align the finder-scope with the dob, which makes for tricky work too!

Regards,

m12

Archived