Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mk3 baader laser collimator

I assumed my collimator batteries were shot last night but it seems i may have a dodgy connection.when turned in the on position theres a really dim beam but if i turn towards off the beam gets brighter but doesnt stay on.tweeking the dial back and forth and it gets brighter and dimmer but doesnt stay constant.anyone had this problem and know a fix?im getting some new batteries anyway just to make sure

I had one, I don't know if it was the mark 3. After I bought it I then understood it was useless on a SC scope, you collimate your scope first then you can only use it for checking.

When I did put it in what was a well collimated scope the laser was shinning way to one side. I came to the opinion that is was nothing more than juke and sent it back, I am glad I did, this was the first thing in a long line of rubbish that came from TS in Germany.

I would take it back to where you bought it.

Alan.

Tbh im more interested in finding out whats wrong with it than what peoples oppinions are.i know some people dont like them or rate them but tbh that doesnt help me with the problem.mine was second hand anyway so not much i can do about it.

Anyone had this same problem?going to take it apart tonight and see whats what

Sorry if my answer was a little short fused Alan,had a rough day at work.

Have tested the batteries Damo and they are all showing 1.5v and occasionally if i wiggle the device about i get a full power beam so it seems to be a connection but im struggling to get inside the damn thing as i dont have the right tools

Some of the batteries that are the correct size/type but different materials need air to work. Mine drove me mad until I realised that the lack of oxygen was killing the battery. Purchase of the exact correct replacement , rather than a supposed equivalent cured the issue.

Crashtest,

No offence taken, you were right in what you said, I didn't answer your question. Like them , yes I would have done if it would have solved any of the collimations issues but it didn't. I didn't think it was very well made TBH. I could do with something to collimate my Mac/Newt, it's OK at moment but you can't do a star collimation on them becuase the two mirrors move.

Hope you have had a better today,

Alan.

Tbh ive not tested how accurate i can collimate my scope with the baader compared to another collimation device so i dont know how accurate it is.the views seem ok and i manage to see faint fuzzies ok(despite my dodgy mirror job) so for the moment until it gives up the ghost completely i will keep it

Used it ok to collimate tonight and then tried it at the end of the night and its being funny again.new batteries yesterday so either its constantly draining them or its the cold.will buy some new batteries and take them out after using it

Sounds like me and the wrong battery type scenario as I had similar issues once the original set ran out and and I replaced them, mine would work for a few minutes after the batteries had gone in but then go on the fritz. Open the cover and close again and it started working again. I thought I had a dodgy connection but it was because each time I opened the cover I let some air in which is what the "cheap" batteries needed to work. Now using decent branded 392 type batteries and have had the same set in for at keast a year.

• 10 months later...

Archived