1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

good seeing tonight!! 6th feb

stuy

well at last we got some good seeing here!!! managed to get the big mak newt up to 440x with the tmb super monocentric 4mm! the veiw of the grs transit was stunning to say the least made out some small ovals also in the spr also stunning with the bino veiw , the long long wait was worth it!!!!!!!!! stuy

• Like 1

Just been out in the garden and about 2019hrs saw a beautiful white tailed meteor below Perseus heading westwards. The telescopic seeing in the bottom of the valley isn't so good though, but I did manage to see another 2 Messiers to add to my tally.

Its great here in Northampton, a tad on the cold side if I want to be picky. Great viewing though so well worth it :grin:

Jupiter looked as good as I have seen it before.

I could just about make out Andromeda with my binoculars. :smiley:

Clear skies here, wonderful for me and my wife as we could test out the scope in our garden for a change lol. Turns out there isn't a bad view from there as we have very little light polution thanks to the house blocking the only street light!

Ok, still fighting with the mount but did get to see a fair bit of sky, only things I could identify where Orions nebula and the 7 sisters, used these as a sort of test ground. Its what I saw inbetween that just made me want to learn far more. Even though I've experienced an area that is literally 'dark' my own back garden offered me many wonderful stars to look at, but as I said, need to start learning what they are now, so my enjoyment of them can go from 'oooo that's amazing' to 'ooooo that's *whatever* and it just looks amazing' lol.

Cadno

Just been out in the garden and about 2019hrs saw a beautiful white tailed meteor below Perseus heading westwards. The telescopic seeing in the bottom of the valley isn't so good though, but I did manage to see another 2 Messiers to add to my tally.

I wonder if that is what I saw, caught a glimpse of something bright in Triangulum at just gone 8 (just after looking at GRS), only just caught it before it faded.

Managed 5 hours of observing in Cardiff, skies are great, seeing isn't perfect but good. I must have looked at 10-15 doubles from TLAO tonight!

I caught the meteor aswel - just luck though out looking in the garden with the bins at the right time and facing the right direction - ashamed to say though after all these horrible winter nights I was in bed by 9 o'clock - early shifts and long days taking its toll at the moment. Kudos to Astropanel though got it spot on with its forecasting.

• Like 1

I spent 4 hours in the garden last night, trying out my new 6mm BST eyepiece, the views of Jupiter and the Orion nebula were amazing. I was surprised how quick they were moving, they only stayed in the FOV for about 30 seconds, I had to keep track manually which wasn't easy........especially when my RDF decided to have a wobbly again for about 15 minutes...... :mad: .

More clear skies please.

Skywatcher Heritage 130P