Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DO NOT Order any new equipment!!!

t0ny

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, this money spending is getting silly with me. Was after a GOTO on the cheap to go with a Skywatcher Startravel 80 OTA. Original idea was to put said cheap mount and OTA in boot of car as a grab n go type arrangement. Plans good so far yes!

Then I saw this http://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/SkyWatcher_Skymax_102_SynScan_AZ_GOTO_102mm_Maksutov_Cassegrain_Telescope.html At ashade over £200. Idea, keep the mount and sell OTA as these are roughly £170 new. Cough, beggar selling it, get that in boot and perfect G&G scope.

Anyone wanna buy a skywatcher startravel 80, lol :grin:

result, more clouds i think, hehehe

The effect of my purchases must have worn off as I manged to get out with my telescope for the first time tonight.

Too cold to stay out long but I did get a good view of Jupiter. (Minus 2 degrees, wind chill minus 7 degrees).

A promising start, but I did order another eyepiece today....................

A star is a cosmic magical light thing that instructs us on how to conduct our lives. This can be anything from going for a new job to what kind of mood you should expect to be in for the day!

Oh OK, that sounds a bit like the voices in my head! :ph34r:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Woops,

I've just ordered the GoTo upgrade for my EQ5. Does the effect start at ordering or only when I receive the item? I just want to know how much time I have.

Usually it starts when you receive them, because the sky is often clear until the item arrives, then it will be cloudy for months. The bad weather is probably caused by another astronomer in your area or your last purchase.

Could be true... since my scope arrived last Saturday, I've got only 1 hour clear sky the next day. Since then, no chance at all. But never mind, I was able to use that 1 hour perfectly that gave me a first time view of moon, Jupiter +4 moons & m42 as well. That will heal my curiosity for a while. Could it be a temptation for making me more curios?

Usually it starts when you receive them, because the sky is often clear until the item arrives, then it will be cloudy for months. The bad weather is probably caused by another astronomer in your area or your last purchase.

I can confirm that this is correct. I'm surprised how quickly it happens though. It arrived yesterday morning, I fitted it yesterday afternoon and by early evening it had clouded over.

Telescope arrived today.... forecast... heavy snow / high winds and rain for the next few days... :(

Anyone have any experience on how good telescopes are pointed at glow-in-the-dark stars stuck to my son's bedroom ceiling?

Woops,

I've just ordered the GoTo upgrade for my EQ5. Does the effect start at ordering or only when I receive the item? I just want to know how much time I have.

Snow this weekend, I hope you're happy with yourself!

It is my belief that if everybody orders nothing new (including used items) for the next week then the clouds will get bored and move off to another country to annoy their astronomers!

If you're outside the UK please feel free to go and buy that new telescope you always wanted! :evil:

Too late i have a big blue monster waiting to see the light of day ive named it lucky. Or father Ted. or perhaps lucky father Ted

Its ok its a private Joke

Even down here the New Kit Law applies.

Bought some new EP's and had to wait a week to use them. Needed to try some new software, another 3 cloudy nights.....

Maybe if you ask the seller to put something like 'glass and metalware' on the invoice it will prevent this happening.

Up until my recentl deliveries the last 3 or 4 purchases all came delivered with clear skies on the day of delivery and the following day (and then back to the normal clouds).

I figured I had fallen into some bermuda triangle of cloudless astronomy purchases.

Well if I had I cetainly have fallen back into favour with the cloud gods once more. Solid clouds for the forseeable, no chance to try out some new glass.

Archived