SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DO NOT Order any new equipment!!!

t0ny

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're outside the UK please feel free to go and buy that new telescope you always wanted! :evil:

And on the day I opened the box, clouds poured out, along with 55+ mph winds (really). All gone now, as the foul weather spirits must have noticed that without the missing finder, star diagonal or eyepieces I just have an expensive aluminum tube mounted on a tripod, and so must be lying in wait for the missing parts to arrive.

er.... i just bagged a 2" uhc filter,but it might slip through cloud customs ?

sorry... :hiding:

I bought one January 4th - a Hutech IDAS LP 2". £160 worth. Not had a single use yet. There just has not been any point setting up the imaging rig in Nottingham - just constant cloud and the few clear spells we get are only for a few mins with clouds rolling over- no prospect of 5-10 minutes subs. There has not been an horizon to horizon clear sky at night (there have been plenty during the day) since beginning of December.

I've had a thought, those of us that have not forked out lately might be adding to the liquid issue (which if my memory serves me well leads to convection and eventually rain) by constant drooling over potential new kit and thus being almost as bad as the CO2 wallers as outlined by Nick on the previous post!

We just cant win with the clouds it seems :sad:

Sorry folks. Just assembled my new Skyliner 200p dob. I've doomed us all! Even my cloud dance isn't doing any good. Its just freaking out the neighbours dog. I'll have to settle for lager and cheesy crisps while hoping for clear skies!

Apologies

Jim

If this weather keeps up I'll have to have a rethink about trying to start out in AP. Anyone know a way to hook up a radio telescope to a GEM?

buy this off FLO

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/clearance/hubble-cassegrain-reflector-telescope.html

It is second hand and originally had some dodgy optics but seems ok now. Getting on a bit so the price should be low.it should solve the seeing problems

Archived