SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DO NOT Order any new equipment!!!

t0ny

Strikes me that no one seems to care about the new (that includes new to them) kit curse and another 6 weeks of cloud cover will be foretold.

Think groundhog and shadow for timings!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is my belief that if everybody orders nothing new (including used items) for the next week then the clouds will get bored and move off to another country to annoy their astronomers!

If you're outside the UK please feel free to go and buy that new telescope you always wanted! :evil:

Evidence please. As far as I see it clear nights only come when I am on nights. i have documentary proof of this in the form of time sheets. by the way I have recently stopped doing many nights hence the increased cloud cover.

Well, we're a small island on the west of the European land-mass with the Gulf-Stream *and* the jet-stream bringing wet Atlantic air over us.

Even saying that, the weather's been even more rubbish than it has any right to be :mad:

I left work at 4:30pm to pickup my son from nursery, it was a lovely clear sky.

I hid my excitement.

Got home at 5:15pm and there was nowhere I could see without cloud.

I did not hide my disappointment!

oops! does buying a new 200p count? and does even thinking about accessories matter???

Can we not sacrifice something to appease the gods of cloud and snow.....what about telling my wife she can't watch Coronation St. for a week, would that do?

Frank

(I will wait before ordering a cheshire and other bits - at least I will try)

All I've seen for over a week has been horrid orange cloud and rain, and rain, and even more rain (And snow in between).

Not even been able to go into the garden and mark out spots for the tripot to fit into.

Waiting to do a drift alignment, it doesn't even have to be good enough for imaging, just let me see a star or two.

Aargh!

I even get up several times in the night to look out. Same old foggy claggy conditions. Did manage to drill tripod holes in the pation pavings between showers and snow. When in place the mount is aligned on Polaris, good enough for visual.

Getting worried that the 15 th will not provide views of the close encounter, fingers crossed,

Nick.

Well I'm finally looking up at a clear blue sky... and it's Valentine's day...

...What could be more romantic than a night under the stars with only each other and the majesty of the universe for company.

This is the line I'm pushing.. though I'm open to alternative suggestions.

Sorry gang, couldn't contain myself so ordered my first scope today. Murphy's law seems to be holding though, so since it probably won't arrive until Tuesday next week, you've got 4 days of fairly clear skies to enjoy before it clouds over Tuesday morning!

I bought a new EP on Tuesday to test from FLO (the new 4 mm Skywatcher Planetary EP - verdict: C+), much to my surprise not only did the clouds stay away on Tuesday evening, I also got a good few hours in last night to put it through it's paces.

I think the weather trolls just toy with us for pleasure, or you're all paying for your sins!!

Archived