Celestron C8 SGT XLT with GoTo

kreekineez

Having sought valuable advice from SGL members I have narrowed down my options and think I will be opting for this telescope and mount to get me started.... Initially my prime interest will be to view the stars and planets and become more informed and educated about the skies above. In due course I do hope to try some very basic AP using my existing DSLR and hope that this kit will let me try out this fascinating subject. Before I commit I just wanted to ask if any members of SGL if they feel this is good "package" to start with or have I got it completely wrong..... I can't wait to get going and thanks again for all the advice so far.... David

Hi David and welcome to SGL, depending on what response you have in the Welcome section, you may like to consider posting in the Equipment Help and advise Section and even one of the imaging sections, on the scope package you intend to purchase, in order to give you the broadest spectrum of observations. Celestrons C8 has been a standard for many years and in combination with their new CG5 GOTO with new worm drives and additions, seems an excellent choice to me. A copy of Steve Richard`s book " Making Every Photon Count " see FLO top of page, will be of benefit when you come to want to attach your camera onto the scope and comes highly recommended by the forum members, enjoy your new scope when it arrives :)

John.

Archived