SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Components storage, what do you use?

yesyes

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, did I see that thing I want in the kitchen draw, the odds and sods tub hiddend under the work top behind the fridge, or in the airing cupboard, the computer room, the drawer under the bed, or on the printer racks, or maybe in one of the 6 tool kits in the computer room, most of which have spares for my RC planes or may the out house or maybe even the shed....to hell with it, I'm off to buy another one!

And that ladies and gentlemen, is why I have multiple duplicates of all my tools and bits, until I need one of them at which point, they hide!

Not as professional as Chris's wallet busting solution, but a similar thing in plastic http://www.rapidracking.com/small-parts-storage-28485hx300wx140d-29-41-compartments_APDC41-pbe.html

I buy quite a lot of work stuff here, so perhaps I can sneak a few personal items through the books next time the office manager is on holiday ;)

Almost forgot - I've always believed that those who strive for excessive order around them are trying to make up for their own internal disorder.    I count myself untidy, but internally at peace :)

Yes, this is what I had in mind. I found a very similar and slightly cheaper one at Maplin.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/44-drawer-organizer-storage-cabinet-dimensions-510-x-307-x-147mm-nd82d?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=13P6-8&

I'll probably get a couple of those...

Nice find at that price Chris - I had forgotten the RR site was VAT exclusive, but still quite a useful place to browse for storage bits.

Now we just need a 2 for 1 deal on storage draws and flight cases at Maplins ;)

Archived