Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Robny

TS 11x70 - Helios Quantum 4

Hi All

I've decided to get myself a pair of budget binoculars as a bit of a grab and go solution to get my fix between the clouds and something to have that i can easily travel. I've been looking around and have narrowed it down to these two pairs:

TS 11x70 LE

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p2005_TS-11x70-Binocular-Porro---light-gathering-power-for-Astronomy.html

Helios Quantum 4 10x60

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/helios/helios-quantum-4-binoculars.html

I'm edging towards the TS Optics but would like to get a second (or more) opinion and any user feedback on either of the above models, also if there is any other recommendations different than what i have posted for around the same price please feel free to shout them out, my criteria was to have more aperture than 50 and something i can use hand held.

Any feedback would be great

Many Thanks

Rob

the cheaper ts lose collimation very easily I often have to tweak mine

How easy are they to adjust and how often? Have you got the 11 x 70's?

Don't mind a bit of maintenance if the viewing quality is good.

the quantum 4 series are good binocular. i have not tried TS though

Thanks, any idea how much of a viewing difference there is between the x50 and x60?

Okay so i have put in an order for the Helios Quantum 10x60's hope i've made the right choice! :icon_bounce:

Hi Rob

Let me put your mind at ease you have picked the right ones you may like to think of a tripod in the future

don't forget to tell us your thoughts on then at first light

clear sky

Doug

Hi Rob

Let me put your mind at ease you have picked the right ones you may like to think of a tripod in the future

don't forget to tell us your thoughts on then at first light

clear sky

Doug

Thanks Doug

That does put mind at ease, thank you - I'm good for tripods, being an ex photographer using Medium and Large Format cameras i have a tripod that will take my own weight which extends higher than than i am tall, this is my tripod:

http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/triman-camera-trpod-black-without-head

I'm excited to give a First Light Report