Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ5 PRO SYNSCAN GOTO HELP

Hi,

Please can you let me know if my preferred method of polar aligning is acceptable or correct?

1. Place tripod facing north

2. Level tripod

3. Use Polarfinder App to find current Polaris position

4. Release RA clutch and rotate until the offset 'smaller' circle in the polarscope reticule matches what is seen in Polarfinder app

5. Lock RA clutch

6. Adjust Altitude & Azimuth bolts until polaris sits exactly in the small offset circle

You'll note that I don't use the setting circles whatsoever. Can I get away with this as they are rubbish on the HEQ5 PRO

Thanks

SCOTT

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You can also use the handsets clock posn read out to determine where polaris is. The handese will hive you a clocl posn like 08:30 in which case polaris is halfwate between the 7 and 9 o clock position if you imagine the bigger circle in the polarscope is a clock face.

Dont forget after polar aligning to put the RA and DEC into the home position, scope gacing N and weights down before starting the star align.

Archived