Best Eypiece

Pig

Dazed and confused :rolleyes:

What is highest magnifiation I can expect to get a decent crisp contast form with my ƒ/10 ?

(1500 /152mm)

The capability of the scope is approx 314 X. Cough Cough

Considering our climate inhibits this to about 200 X, is it better to go for an 8mm or 7mm ?

7mm =214 X

8mm = 187 X

I am planning on getting an X-cel LX to match all my other eyepieces.however, I am prepared to get a different make / type and pay more if it is worth it.

How does the Luminous rate for double the cost, any ideas ?

Assuming the conditions are good, the scope is in good collimation and properly cooled, and depending on the object being viewed (all can have a significant impact on image quality) 200x or so should be usable. As these factors can and do vary night to night and sometimes hour to hour, it's very useful to have a slightly lower power to drop back to - this often gives better views, especially of objects like Jupiter.

So, ideally, both a 7mm and an 9mm would be good to have in your eyepiece case - you then have options :smiley:

Assuming the conditions are good, the scope is in good collimation and properly cooled, and depending on the object being viewed (all can have a significant impact on image quality) 200x or so should be usable. As these factors can and do vary night to night and sometimes hour to hour, it's very useful to have a slightly lower power to drop back to - this often gives better views, especially of objects like Jupiter.

So, ideally, both a 7mm and an 9mm would be good to have in your eyepiece case - you then have options :smiley:

Thank you John - Helpful as always :smiley:

I have a 2 X Barlow and an 18mm eyepiece so I think this should cover 9mm ?

Archived