Hello, 1st Post and 1st Scope questions! :)

Several years after been wowed by seeing Saturn through the eyepiece of a Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain (i think, was a few years ago) I have final found a little time and money to have a crack at astronomy!

I have bought a Celestron Astromaster 130EQ-MD and would like some advice from you learned chaps and lasses :)

1: I have a significant amount of wobble/play in the RA joint area, can this be tightened/adjusted or should I return?

2: I have a t-adapter for my nikon and a Celestron x2 Barlow that screws in to that on order but....what lens (size /brand) can you recommend for lunar/planetary viewing around the £50-60 max mark?

3: Can anyone link me to decent video tutorials on setting up and using the EQ mount/motors? I have manuals but dyslexia stops me from taking in and processing written information easily :(

3: Which animal does the God of Night Time Cloud prefer as a sacrificially offering? ;):)

Best Regards, Dave.

Re question 2, Your dslr camera fits directly onto the t adaptor which fits onto either the scope or the barlow then the scope, no lens required :)

Question 3, try YouTube there's bound to be a few videos on there showing you how to do it.

Question 3 again, Cats, any kind of cat, the more the better :D

sorry i meant lens for observing not imaging :)

thanks for the answers too :)

Ah, they are called eyepieces and you should have got one or two with your scope? if not then a 10mm and a 25mm would be a good start, prices vary a lot so you can pick some to suit your budget.

Archived