Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

alexwolf

Stellarium 0.12.0 has been released!

The Stellarium development team is proud to announce the release of version 0.12.0 of Stellarium.

This release brings some interesting new features:

- New rendering engine (Now you can see shadows on planets surfaces).

- New key-binding engine (Now all key-bindings can be edited).

- Improvements to scripting engine.

- Improvements to DSO.

- Improvements to search tool.

- Improved accuracy for archaeo-astronomical events.

There have also been a large number of bug fixes and GUI improvements. A huge thanks to all community bug reporters.

We are strongly recommended resetting all Stellarium settings if you upgrade your previous installation!

Package for Mac OS X will be published tomorrow.

• Like 3

I have an HEQ5 with no handset , is there anyway to sync the mount with Stellaruim

Thanks

Jeff

I shall look forward to the Ubuntu update.

James

I have an HEQ5 with no handset , is there anyway to sync the mount with Stellaruim

Thanks

Jeff

You can connect Stellarium to a Synscan mount either directly through a serial port or using Stellarium Scope. I don't really know any more than that, I use CdC for mount control.

Downloaded and installed, cant seem to find the option to switch eyepeices in ocular view anymore, but it must be there somewhere. Graphics good though :)

There is a sync command in CdC but I do not see one in Stellarium , maybe you have to go through a control pad

Hmmm, I uninstalled my previous Stellarium version 0.11.3 and then downloaded v 0.12.0 but it does not run. I have a Win 7 Pro with Service Pack 1 (64 bit). Graphics card is a Radeon HD5870 with latest drivers. Win 7 comes up with the message-

Unable to execute file: c:/Program Files\Stellarium\stellarium.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 740.

The requested operation requires elevation.

An Internet trawl shows this was mentioned at the beta stage by one user.

Anyone else with this issue or how to resolve?

Cheers,

Steve

Sounds like a permission problem, try right mouse clicking the file and selecting "Run as Administrator"

Yes thanks upahill, tried that but no effect :-(

I have uninstalled the latest version for now and will try a new install later tonight.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for the notification of this new version - any update plans for the Android smartphone App version? - Perhaps a "push to" feature??

It would be REALLY nice if we could add bookmarks, so you could say create a list in the software of things you like or want to later visit etc.

Thank you for the heads up just rebuilt my computer and had not put all programs back in yet so this will be great now up graded computer upgraded stellarium.

I still do not know why they have not put ASCOM functionality into Stellarium, It has been request many times I have read on the net but 99% of the requests never get answered.

Surly adding StellariumScope functionality would be a doddle?