Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

crashtestdummy

bit of a monster

I've seen pics somewhere of a 30mm 3" eyepiece that ES are developing. That 25mm 100 is getting on for 3 lbs in weight - I think my Nagler 31 is a bit OTT at 2 lbs !

so,when will 3" focusers be available for my dob?looks a bit of a monster,especially as my 30mm 82 degree is a chunk already!!!

Now?

Steve

will wait for moonlite to do one i think although tbh i think its a bit ott.i would settle for the 25mm 100 degree although i cant tell the difference view wise between the 100 and the 82 degree ep's

7.5 lbs :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

my 12" dob dives headfirst when i use my ES 30mm 82 anywhere below about 45 degree viewing angle so this mother will need some hefty counterbalance!!!

7.5 lbs :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

:eek: That would cause some interesting balancing issue. It's heavier than the combined weight of my travel set up (scope, mount, eyepiece, the lot) !!!

Not recommended for use with binoviewers :) I reckon they've given up on exotic glass and are now focusing light by gravitational lensing with a bit of neutron star.

James

• Like 3

Don't 4" focusers exist?

7.5lbs would certainly bring balance issues, will normal focusers cope with this weight too?

Not recommended for use with binoviewers :) I reckon they've given up on exotic glass and are now focusing light by gravitational lensing with a bit of neutron star.

James

How strong is the gravitaional field of those things? If I buy one will my plossls and orthos end up in orbit around it?

Edited by crazyjedi

It's not your other EP's you need to worry about, it's the Earth!