Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New to Binoculars

Ganymede12

They will be collimated in the factory and you need not worry about it .

Unless you drop them onto a hard surface and knock the prisms out of alignment that is . . .

You'll know straight away if they're out because you'll be unable to get a single image with them , you'll see something akin to when you go 'cross-eyed'

Just had a look at that site. It looks very useful and I will certainly be using it!

I managed to get out as well and I am very pleased with the views! The Hyades were amazing but the pleiades just blew me away!

Has anyone got their own opinions on what are the best objects you can see in 10 X 50 bins?

Moon obviously. The clusters you've mentioned, along with Prae-however it's spelled in Cancer, and I like the Alpha Persei association too. Sagitta fits neatly in the field of my 10x50s but I think yours are a bit narrower, and the coathanger asterism is nearby. Generally scanning the Milky Way's starfields.

• 3 weeks later...

The best binocular objects IMO are the beehive cluster, Andromeda galaxy, the pleides and the double cluster in Perseus. They also bring out the colours of some of the stars which is interesting. Try scannning constellations such as Gemini, Cassiopeia, and Orion (i.e. those constellations where the star fields are the richest). Just scan around and see what interests you... Once you get to know the constellations and some of the deep sky objects you will be well placed to start observing with a telescope instead of buying one and not knowing where to point it.

Archived