Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Focusing on infinity with canon mod and camera lens?

pixueto

Dear all,

Is anyone there using a modified canon 450D (only rear filter removed with no replacement) with canon lenses? Any problem focusing to infinity with this configuration? Can still be brought to focus on infinity with a Canon 50mm f1.8 lens?

Thank you very much

When I first had my 550D modded I was very disappointed that I couldn't get my 50mm Zuiko lens to focus on infinity, however, when I put the astronomik clip filter in the camera BINGO it pushes the focus back so no problems. My newer 600D is exactly the same, with short focal length lenses I have to use a clip filter, hope that helps.

Mel

When I first had my 550D modded I was very disappointed that I couldn't get my 50mm Zuiko lens to focus on infinity, however, when I put the astronomik clip filter in the camera BINGO it pushes the focus back so no problems. My newer 600D is exactly the same, with short focal length lenses I have to use a clip filter, hope that helps.

Mel

Thanks. Which type of modification did you have done?

1 - filter replacement

2 - removal of rear filter only

3 - removal of both filters

Thanks

With the front filter removed but the rear left in place you may struggle to focus EF lenses below 15mm focal length, above this you should be fine, however if you find 50mm is marginal the EOS clip may just be sufficient to correct the focussing problem.

Archived