Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Neodymium Filter

Mooney501

Hi guys I just wondered if any of you have tried or own this filter?

I'm thinking of ordering it for cutting some light pollution down.

This is my first filter and just interested if there might be another you'd recommend or would this be a good first filter?

Baader neodymium

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have one, my only filter, brought it for the same reason, it`s quite subtle but does help a little, i tend to use it all the time, there may be better solutions out there but i`m sure someone will come along and give more info, i`m relativly new and not tried any others myself.

This is a good filter but it depends on the light polution you suffer from. Sodium streetlights are cut quite dramatically, but other forms of lighting are not.

I've found that the problem with mine is that I use it all the time at home ( where LP is very bad ) but have got into the habit of just using it anyway - which is not good if you have gone to a dark sky site as it can reduce the light from faint DSOs.

My verdict - quite pricey but useful given the right conditions,

Hope this helps...........

How come?

seeing ben has only 34 posts i assume he is fairly new.......have you looked up recently, i havn`t had my scope out for weeks due to the cloud, had it out once in about 2 months and as everyone knows in this hobby any new bit of kit comes packaged with free clouds to make sure you new bit of kit is kept in pristine unused condition.

I have one but have only had the chance to use it briefly so far, not sure i noticed any difference but I need more scope time to really see if its any good. I bought the 2 inch version to sit in the 2" adapter so I can freely change eyepieces and not keep having to change the filter.

Got one from FLO about a week or so ago, it's fantastic and really makes things more pleasant to view and brings out contrast too. Did a couple of back to back views with and without filter, filter wins every time for me.

I have the 2" Baader Neodymium and really rate it. I never use it for light pollution (tending to increase magnification to combat this) but regularly use it on the moon, always for Jupiter and Mars. I find it increases contrast and makes detail more obvious, particularly for the planets mentioned.

Hi guys I just wondered if any of you have tried or own this filter?

I'm thinking of ordering it for cutting some light pollution down.

This is my first filter and just interested if there might be another you'd recommend or would this be a good first filter?

Baader neodymium

Hii there, i have this filter, yet never use it, it just doesnt seem to enhance much on my ED Scopes, now the funny part is the dark moon filte ri have does enhance the objects against the skye..also i have an universal filter and no effect with that one either..Seems my ED scopes glass does a lott already in filtering..or maybe i do something wrong. tried on all eyepieces, types and sizes....

Smilez..

S.J.

Hii there, i have this filter, yet never use it, it just doesnt seem to enhance much on my ED Scopes, now the funny part is the dark moon filte ri have does enhance the objects against the skye..also i have an universal filter and no effect with that one either..Seems my ED scopes glass does a lott already in filtering..or maybe i do something wrong. tried on all eyepieces, types and sizes....

Smilez..

S.J.

You can have mine, i have 2 of them.

:smiley:

Archived