SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

need serial to hand controller connection.

As well as the general handset make, Skywatcher or whoever. I think you will have to supply the model of the handset as well as the scope. Meade for example make at least 2 different ones for their ETX range, then they have the bigger LX's on what I presume will be a different handset model as well. Which could easily have a different wiring.

The handsets often have a crossover in them to entice you to buy the manufacturers cable.

As well as the general handset make, Skywatcher or whoever. I think you will have to supply the model of the handset as well as the scope. Meade for example make at least 2 different ones for their ETX range, then they have the bigger LX's on what I presume will be a different handset model as well. Which could easily have a different wiring.

The handsets often have a crossover in them to entice you to buy the manufacturers cable.

hi mate sorry yes its a heq5 with a synscan handset. ive been told i can link to the handset to laptop and put it in pc direct mode, that way i dont need to use the guide port on the mount for guiding. the spare connection on the handset is same as the guide port

If you bought the mount new it would have come with a cream cable that plugs into the bottom of the handset and has a serial plug on the end. If your computer doesn't have a serial plug you need a usb-serial adapter (the prolific chipped ones are known to work).

Helen

There's a diagram of the RJ11 to RS232 wiring on page V of the Appendix B of the Skyscan Instruction manual. This can be downloaded from the Skywatcher site.

Pins 2 3 and 5 from the RS232 are connected to the 2 5 and 3 pins on the RJ11

RS232

2 = RD

3 = TD

5 = GND

RJ11

2 = RD

3 = GND

5 = TD

Hope this helps

Archived