SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi Everyone

steveb1977

Hi Everyone,

I’m getting myself back into Astronomy after a good few years out.

Started off when I was about 14 with a 60mm Tasco Refractor in the early 90’s. Then got a 6” Reflector in time for the 1994 comet crash. I have now built myself two telescopes, an 8.75” and 16” Dobsonian. Both have been gathering far too much dust recently so planning to get them both smartened up and back under some clear skies.

Want to make the most of some reasonably dark skies in Scotland after moving from light polluted Liverpool!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. If that's a picture of your 16" dob in your avatar the I am very impressed and looks a beauty.

Wishing you clear skies for your next observation session and look forward to reading up on your nect observations.

James

Welcome Steveb1977. I am newbie too, and everyone seems pretty warm and welcoming around here. Sort of place it might be ok to ask a few daft questions, well that's what i'm banking on anyways.

Regards, Crebles.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yes the avatar is the scope I built, I have added the full picture and one of the smaller scope to the gallery.

Surprised myself as it looks like this is the only photo I have taken of it! Will get more when it is up and running again, in storage at the moment.

Will be looking to revamp it a bit so hoping to find some good ideas here.

http://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/album/2332-telescopes/

Archived