Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What's your dream scope?

emadmoussa

Hola,

We had a good talk about whether or not one would give up stargazing. Thankfully the passion seems instilled in there and barely anybody is willing to give it up. So...what's the next step?

Supposedly, everybody will upgrade after a while. Some of us have a dream telescope...So what's yours??

For me personally, in 2-3 years, having sold my clothes and lived in a tent, I'm hoping to get Meade lx 90 Acf 12 Inch UHTC GOTO...

lx200r12.jpg

Tell us what you aim for the future.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine would be the Officina Stellare Ultra CRC320. 1.6m fl at f5.4.

Image is not mine, it's copied from Teleskop Service - who obvioulsy sell these beauties :smiley:

post-16323-0-81695400-1359289864_thumb.j

Wow! That's almost an official observatory telescope...How could mount this thing?!

I consider myself very lucky in that I have what I consider to be three dream scopes. lucky for me as a change of job means I could not afford to buy them again if I were starting now.

16" f4

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=44197

12" f4 which I'll someday convert to a travel dob

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=82260

and a 6" f11 on an equatorial platform

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=34815

as i'm a bit of a noob and within the last three weeks have had two lovely telescopes set up in my house , i'm facinated by my newley bought bargain celestron super 8 plus, although i'm sure there are bigge rand better out there until i can afford them i wont want or i'll end up torturing myself..

here's my new scope lord vader:

20130124_205148.jpg

i'm trying to get a retro fitted auto track built into it as the original workings have failed...if i get that done within my budget i'll be landed..

My current dream scope is a 28" f/2.75 driven Dob, by someone like Starmaster or Webster with Lockwood optics. Combined with a good paracorr and range of Ethos eyepieces, I could have widefield feet-on-the-ground observing in a transportable format, with Goto and tracking, with exceptional planetary resolution and great deepsky performance.

In the pic below, it's the one on the left. The one on the right is a 28" f3.75..

4880909-bob_scopes.jpg

Another Tak FSQ85 fan. Lots of things beat it on paper but this is a scope that really works. However... I'd like six of them on a Mesu Number One flipless mount for ultra fast imaging. Six hours per hour! Here's the one-sixth we already have...

TAK%20SETUP-L.jpg

Olly

My dream scope is probably a Planewave CDK20 to sit upon my PME, though that's getting into lottery-win territory! A CDK24 would be nice, but that's getting a little unrealistic (as would need a mount upgrade, and an even bigger lottery win!)

cdk20_pic.jpg

Archived