Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guess the observing nights in 2013

stevetynant

Come on guys - have a guess whilst we are still in January how many chances to observe do you think we'll have this year

answers in either days or percentages 1st Jan 13 to 31st Dec 13

So far we're guessing somewhere between 15% and 17% .At the moment in January we're at 11.5%

Winner gets to bring the doughnuts at the Christmas meet next year :evil: :evil:

Come on guys - have a guess whilst we are still in January how many chances to observe do you think we'll have this year

answers in either days or percentages 1st Jan 13 to 31st Dec 13

So far we're guessing somewhere between 15% and 17% .At the moment in January we're at 11.5%

Winner gets to bring the doughnuts at the Christmas meet next year :evil: :evil:

Shouldn't the winner get to eat the donuts, instead of bring them ? :icon_scratch:

Yet to attend one of the meets but fully intend making it to one sooner rather than later. So if okay with you I'd like to take a guess at 19%...

I'm the eternal optimist and have a funny feeling we're in for a decent spring and summer this year!!

Don't quote me on that though.....

James

Well James we'd be glad to see you there and our luck with this rotten weather must end soon surely - 19% is @ 69 nights which is the most optimistic so far so I hope your right

Mike- do you want to give it another shot - how many nights in the year 2013 do you think we have a chance of observing at - not just the Blaenavon meets but observing from your back garden or anywhere as long as the skies are clear?

I'

............... Mike- do you want to give it another shot - how many nights in the year 2013 do you think we have a chance of observing at - not just the Blaenavon meets but observing from your back garden or anywhere as long as the skies are clear?

Steve, I couldn't say, or keep track of how many nights would be observable from my location here, as I expect to be overseas again at least a couple of times this year; with my luck, it will probably be during the best weather the UK has ever had. :ohmy:

Edit: So I'll have to keep track of how many meets come to fruition.

Ha Ha I'm not sure your getting this lol - I'm keeping track of it all just looking for a everyone's guess for the year no one has to do anything else - I know its from my garden not everyone else but as a fellow Valley dweller I'm guessing overall it won't be too different. Not to worry Mike- if your going back to the US we couldn't let you count the US clear nights as you probably get more in a month than we get in our entire year lol

Archived