SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A newbie to astromony

holly1402

Has anyone got any opinons on Bresser ? I have seen a Bresser F1000 diameter 130mm reflector. It seems in excellent condition . What do you guys think?

Glad of any advice as this will be my first telescope .

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were me, I'd go for the Skywatcher 130m, altho i'm biased as it was my first scope, its highly recommended on here, will give you great crisp views, its nice and portable, easy to set up & at £165 I think its a great scope. Eveyone will have different opinions but most people I think will agree that this is a really good bit of kit. Heres the link http://www.firstlightoptics.com/reflectors/skywatcher-explorer-130m.html Good look with your choice.

Steve

Thanks for the advice Yittak and nephilim i think i should stay with skywatcher . Thanks again

With a dobsonion, setting up will be quick & easy although its trickier tto track (you have to nudge manually) where as the EQ2 version takes a liitle practise getting used to but once you've mastered the set-up & rough polar alignment you can be set up & running in 10mins, with the motor going it'll keep the object in view for quite a while & you'll have nothing to do but 'look'. :grin: Btw, it isnt a case of one's better than another its all down to personal preference.

Steve

Hi all,

Good to see so many people like myself getting into stargazing after watching stargazing live. I watched it last year and as I enjoyed looking up at the heavens when I was younger, decided it was time to get back into it. I had saved up for a few months as expendle cash flow is something I do not have. I picked my first telescope up in september last year a celestron astromaster 130. unfortunately due to bad weather and virus's I just haven't had the chance to get out, until the other night. A friend of mine is well into Astronomy and helped me getting set up and running.

I was always told that a picture can never give you that wow factor of whats out there. They were right I spent 3hrs the other night just looking at Jupiter and how gorgeous it looked, I was very chuffed with my telescope as I was not too sure if I had bought the right one as my first time scope (read alot of reviews with mixed results). the one thing I did find out the other night though is that the motor that comes with it as an extra is no good as it got in the way whilst tracking.

I can't wait till i'm out again. For those just starting as well if you have a smart phone I have found that an app called astropanel is really good at letting you know which night in the next few days will be best.

Fingers crossed another clear night very soon. happy hunting all.

Chris

Welcome.

I currently own a SW 130 EG-2 with drive, I highly recommend if you are intrested in upgrading without breaking the bank. I too own an very old Tasco, given as a gift to my dad ages ago. However, with it I was able to get great views of the Woon an even excellent views of Saturn.

Any questions on the SW 130, I'd be happy to help, so will most people on here too be honest, they're a great bunch.

Hi guys ,I have taken delivery of my skywatcher 130 EQ 2 today it has been used but only a couple of times it is vertually new. However i am missing the tray and the fittings that fits on the tripod .Obviously i need this to secure the tripod ,I was hoping someone may be able to tell me where i can get one from .

I have been so impressed by the people on here everyone seems to be so friendly and knowledgable .

Cant wait to get started.

Mark

Hi guys ,I have taken delivery of my skywatcher 130 EQ 2 today it has been used but only a couple of times it is vertually new. However i am missing the tray and the fittings that fits on the tripod .Obviously i need this to secure the tripod

Too be perfectly honest Mark, I have had my SW 130M for around 7-8 months now and I have yet to attach the tray. The main reason being that I have to get through a narrow door, that I'm not allowed to touch the sides of, so I fold up the tripod. Unscrewing and re-attaching every time I go in and out would be a massive pain.

As for stability, it hasn't affected my viewing. As long as you have a flat secure base to put your tripod on you should be fine, (I have been!)

Where did you get your scope from, if it new, if its missing bits I would contact the seller, and find out why.

I hope I've understood and have been of some help, if not, I tried :p

R.

Another suggestion, you may want to go for a decent pair of binoculars first and see how things develop. I've got a 15x70 Celestron bins I got for under £60 and they're absolutely brilliant. There are cheaper options, but won't have the same decent type of lenses Celestron has...but they'll probably do just fine for basic stargazing.

Well i had my first stargazing session tonight ,Firstly i tried to point line the scope finder on Jupiter without any luck,when looking up the scope the red dot seems to be exactly on Jupiter but when i look through the eye piece it is not in line . It obviously needs adjusting i have no instructions unless i can download them. I did manage to get on Jupiter and was amazed what i saw .

Also the moon even though it wasnt a full moon . Is there another eye peice that i could get even closer to the moon?

Regarding the adjustment on the finder scope is this something i could do quite easy myself ?

Really enjoyed my first experience of star gazing. :lol:

Mark

Well i finally got out last night my first port of call was Jupiter ,I finally got it in focus and i could clearly see the planet and its 3 moons .I then looked at the room and again i was amazed how clear everything was ,a total wow. I just need to learn my way around the sky now to find other things to see.

Oh nearly forgot my scope is a Skywatcher 130 on and eq1 .

Mark

Archived