Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Woo Hoo

rfdesigner

FLO have just sent an email confirming my order is being dispached!

so thats an Atik EFW, LRGB,Ha,OIII,SII filters and the new MKIII coma corrector.

Sorry folks, probably means the promised snow is going to stay for another fortnight!

Derek

And I've finally got the entire imaging train together.

I managed to find a local machine shop to turn down my SXOAG so it's a perfect fit for my Atik EFW. So I've just been imaging an electric fire.. and getting the guidecam and imaging cam parfocal, testing the filter wheel and having a go at my first LRGB image.

I also have a new Baader MPCC MkIII. My first reaction was that they'd left out the glass.. but no, they seem to have perfected the antireflection coatings.. dimmest reflections I've ever seen from glass.

oh, and my first LRGB image, equally sharp in the corners as the middle, so bodes well:

post-8988-0-79109500-1359770911_thumb.jp

No it's F5. The point is FLO are not 1000% sure the MkIII is good for F5, but my maths and experience of ray tracing suggest to me that there will be no problem, Baader have also said it should be good. Once I've got some star pics I'll do a write up and post as a review.. but only for F5 of course.

Derek

Archived