Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

symbiosis

First color Moon

My first try out at processing a color moon image (produced from a stacked image taken afocally from an AVI with a small digital camera and through my Tasco scope)

From other images I've seen, I think the colors have come out quite well but as this is the first time I've tried this so I cant be sure. Comments welcome

post-19638-0-09150300-1358971805_thumb.j

Personally I would prefer less saturated, more natural colours. I can distinguish purplish and yellowish tints on the moon, but they are not nearly as saturated as your shot

• Like 1

OK, perhaps I pushed the saturation too high. I was trying to use the Galileo images from my link as a reference point but maybe i over did it - does anyone have some good reference point images in color they can suggest?