Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BST StarGuider 12mm

philhas

• 2 weeks later...

After much deliberation and reading around I've decided to augment my (limited apart from the basic ones that came with my Mak 27) eyepiece collection by adding one of these. I'm not impressed with the 10ml EP that I've got so I decided to go for the 8mm BST Starguider. However, whilst I'm prepared to accept that I might be being ,well, thick, I can't seem to find a supplier. Anyone know where I can get one?

Yes I did look there but there seems to be no 8mm?

Sorry, didn't notice that. I had the same problem. I got in touch and Alan was kind enough to let me know when they were back in stock. I think it took about 2 weeks. As mentioned, he's a really nice chap :)

No problem and Alan is great to talk to lovely bloke pity your not going astrofest there having big sale you can buy the BST`s for £40 that's £7 cheaper.

That's another good reason to go! We should have an SGL badge or something so we can all say hello...... or is that just me being silly?

what's astrofest?

A 2 day event held in London annually. Occurs this coming Friday and Saturday, 8th and 9th I think are the exact dates.

Held in Kensington town hall.

Building has 3 floors but not a great amount of space at the end of the day, so the exhibitors are a bit squeezed in.

The big main hall has a series of talks on both days.

Astrofest

Organised by Astronomy Now

Good opertunity to look around and see what is available and a few things that are coming up.

Does get packed when people come out of the talks.

West Wales is I suspect a bit far for a day visit, there is another astronomy gathering along the lines of Astrofest in the midlands just cannot locate it, thought I had a link but cannot see it. Check the Events page here.

Archived