11mm E.S 82

paul mc c

Hav'nt had a chance to try my new eyepiece,until tonight,weather isnt the best with just a few breaks in the clouds.

First thing was Jupiter and the view snapped into focus and very sharp with good detail on show.

Then the moon,i am used to viewing the moon with orthos so was looking forward to the 82 degree view,and what a view,almost the whole moon in the eyepiece at about 145x and sharp from edge to edge.

On first light this eyepiece was amazing and very sharp,i was expecting to loose the sharpness at the edges but i was wrong.

In my opinion this is an excellent eyepiece and will look forward to good dark skies to really use it.

Sounds excellent Paul :smiley:

I just love using ultra wide eyepieces, even for high power observing. I use orthos as well from time to time and enjoy them but putting an ultra wide in is like taking the blinkers off !

Mine may arrive from the US eventually, but it may beat my previous record of taking 6 weeks to get here. See this history:

Priority Mail International Parcels

Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified

January 22, 2013, 3:43 am

GREAT BRITAIN

International Parcels

Customs clearance processing complete

January 21, 2013, 3:11 am

GREAT BRITAIN

Customs Clearance

January 07, 2013, 1:38 pm

GREAT BRITAIN

Customs Clearance

January 07, 2013, 1:37 pm

GREAT BRITAIN

Processed Through Sort Facility

January 07, 2013, 1:35 pm

GREAT BRITAIN

Processed Through Sort Facility

January 03, 2013, 7:14 pm

ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Arrived at Sort Facility

January 03, 2013, 7:13 pm

ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Dispatched to Sort Facility

January 02, 2013, 5:51 pm

LOS ANGELES, CA 90049

Acceptance

January 02, 2013, 10:35 am

LOS ANGELES, CA 90049

Electronic Shipping Info Received

December 31, 2012

I have yet to hear the additional costs, despite this tracking saying they were sent to me on Monday. It brings a whole new meaning to the word Priority as used in Priority Mail...

Ditto to that,mine took nearly a month and i had no tracking info beyond 1 day from despatch while the parcel was in the US.i hated it so much ive not ordered anything from the US since and if ES eyepieces wont be stocked in the UK anymore i will have likely purchased my last ones!

Archived