Narrowband

Easy to transport.

My uncle lives in Majorca. I do have a skywatcher 200p explorer but of course it will be to big and heavy to take on a plane. Any suggestions what are good scopes what will be easy to fly with? Would it be better with powerful binoculars?

If you're going to go out there regularly, consider buying a 200p to leave there :cool: I recently took a small refractor on hols and loved every minute, but good ones aren't cheap...

You could always take something like an ST80 if you'd prefer to keep the budget under control ;)

Depends on your definition of easy - size and weight varies widely - and what the airline allows/let's you get away with...

Any non-table top tripod is probably going to need to go in the hold (because of the lengths of the legs) unless you can convince them to let you carry it on.

I do have this scope as i am rekindling my interest in astronomy. But i will get a better scope hopefully soon. I have seen Jupiter and moons through it and is quite good at wide file of view star clusters as well. It is cheap with reasonable optics but the standard tripod is a bit wobbly at furthest extent. I have purchased a better camera tripod to overcome this. But for your purposes for travel i might be the ticket?

James

Archived