SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cliff's Fireball cam/ Radio Meteor recieving station.

Hi welcome to check my fireball cam famouse one that got on sky at night magazine back in November 2012 when i captured that fireball event from 21st september 2012 i also since then have got into Meteor recieving created a station from middlesbrough i set up and it detects trace from 143.049mhz G-r-a-v-e-s Dijon France.

welcome to view me site and meteor screens.

Experimenting in radio astronomy!!!

http://middlesbroughmeteor.bounce.to/

Hi Cliff ,

Wondered what you'd been up to , not seen you here for a while.

Looks like an interesting project.

been radio meteor astronomy tuning to 143.049 G-r-a-v-e-s Dijon France

and i picking up little trace i get some of the echo pings just as good as the pro meteor stations ;)

like on spam network link -> http://www.merriott-...o.uk/spam3D.htm

I only have little recieving set up at moment.

a sdr-rtl dongle the r820t chip one, and i combined it modded it with radio signal booster which seems to work with me antenna which is J-pole at moment

pic me j-pole

66103_10151270612657288_1856306985_n.jpg

built me sdrsharpe build run that through virtual audio driver

and get the sound through speclab to monitor frequency thanks to a meteor dude martin came to me house from penrith helped set me speclab settings and done check on me antenna see what nasty's get which happened to be smooth radio 107 from eston nab.

and sorted me off set correction ppm on sdr to zero beat using volmet weather repeater got that to tuned in correctly and get me correction frequency thats something learned from watching martin do zero beat stuff what tune into.

learning quite bit of radio stuff's know what sproggies and stuff are to avoid.

here image speclab screen i captured other day from 21st jan 2013 i detected meteor same as them pro meteor stations infact i told them about it first and they started adding there screen images but i'm certainly not paying 20 quid just to add my meteor screen data on that site have to be full member NLO just to add stuff. i'm happy i can actually detect them.

and every station is different. just goes to show us in northeast uk can detect them experimenting with G-r-a-v-e-s radar signal thats why i made me own meteor screens onto me own site no cost involved using me own dropbox account.

link to compare my detection with the spam network screens from 21st Jan 2013

http://565012.xobor....st-January.html

my detection of the 5:02am meteor.

321430_10151426856672288_994612576_n.jpg

486087_10151426857057288_151062693_n.jpg

Totally awesome i detected that.

I'm calling that detection the x-wing fighter. with shape of it on my 3d screen

• 5 weeks later...

Archived